Batman v Superman (spoiler in spoiler tag)

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Nicolas_Cage, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Hewen

Hewen Well-Known Member

That is the main reason I very rarely go buy/see something early. You can't trust critics, have to wait for a demo/pirate/ask friends/etc.

I mean, one if the greatest games of all time, Darkfall, got a 2/10 score, while world of kidcraft gets 9/10?

Some medicore bestsellers get 9/10 scores, while actually interesting books often get no more than 6/10?

You could trust the inverse of critic scores, but, you never know if it is a good thing they didn't get paid to praise, or if it is an actually bad thing.

Sort of sad, that their entire profession is moot and does not perform its function.

2. Haasva

Haasva Well-Known Member

I really liked this movie, i think they succeed visually at making them gods. The movie, as previously said, has some really powerful & memorable scenes. Overall it is worth it to go in theater to see it (dobly athmos?), and will remain a very good entertaining movie.

Usually I don't even read at critics cause most of the time they are just retarded (their real goal is to shine by themselves). This movie is objectively not bad at all.

3. Jonmcdonald

Jonmcdonald Well-Known Member

I don't know man, some of the dialogue is atrocious. The cinematography is definitely its saving grace.

4. RisaStoleMyHart

RisaStoleMyHart Well-Known Member

BvS ultimate cut is going to be digitally released tomorrow. Apparently it fixes a lot of the poor editing and confusing character motivations.

5. Nicolas_Cage

Nicolas_Cage Well-Known Member

Watched torrent version.
    It's great actually. Most of Superman's stuff was cut in theather version and with UC you get to know him a lot more. It also answers a lot of questions in theather cut.
    I still think the movie is longer than it should.

6. DasKobold

DasKobold Well-Known Member

Nolan's batman (batman begins + tdk and tdkr) is my favorite, and I kinda dislike how b v sp didn't pick up on that. Well it also isn't possible if you watched tdkr.

Anyway
    as others have said, the editing was bad. It imo felt like a dumped down movie to appeal to the masses, you have to turn your brain off to enjoy that movie. Like in the beginning when Bruce saves some random person, that part where a building got destroyed and this person was about to be crushed. Why did he do that? Bruce is not superman, he has no powers or anything. What gives him the courage to do that? And why would he anyway? Isn't bruce a person that doesn't care about shit?

Also why the hell did they have to pull WW into that movie?

7. Nicolas_Cage

He's the fucking Batman that's why.
    Batman always throws himself into danger even if it'll kill him.

8. DasKobold

He was not wearing his suit, he was risking a lot. Also that could blow his cover, why would he do that?

9. Nicolas_Cage

Wtf is this shit?

10. DasKobold

What I mean is he wasn't wearing his batman suit that could have somewhat protected him if something went wrong.

Also he is known to not care about anything (as bruce wayne, not batman), he just hangs out with good looking girls and drives fast cares. He doesn't care about recent events or stuff like that. Why would a person like that risk his life to save someone else?

Look that scene was obviously just made to show off their tech, of that scene was missing the movie would have turned out the same.

11. Nicolas_Cage

Yeah I'm leaving this place.
    Pretending to be retarded is fun for a while but now it's getting old. Especially when everybody and their mothers doing it also.

12. TheGraveOne

TheGraveOne Well-Known Member

Bruce Wayne is Batman first and foremost. The cars and girls are just a way to draw attention away from his true nature. He doesn't really care about all the rich people stuff since justice is what his entire life is about (triggered ofcourse by the murder of his parents) If people were really in danger I think he would risk having his identity exposed, because he is the fucking Batman he does not walk away from people who need his help regardless of not having a suit.

13. DasKobold

The point is he is not immortal unless he killed roshan in the begging of the movie and I somehow missed that part. Would you try to save a person that is about to be hit by a collapsing building? Yes he has to help people, but he can't take such high risk, if he dies there he can't help anyone else as a corpse.

In TDK he tries to save that guy when the hospitals are about to exploded but even there he had to cover himself and pretend that he didn't try to help.

Idk, maybe it's just me but I like my heroes somewhat realistic and vulnerable. That's why I like batman begins and this is also why I don't like superman or movies with female heroes (since they usually tend to be untouchable).

14. slipkwar

slipkwar Well-Known Member

Those extra 30 min in the dvd were too important and they removed it.

15. Necalli

Necalli Well-Known Member

The opposite for me, I really love overpowered Heroes and Villains. I mean, not things like Iron Man, Cap America, Spiderman, etc, but things like Superman, Thor, Shazam, Doomsday, Apocalypse, Onslaught, etc.

16. RisaStoleMyHart

None of those characters are overpowered though.

17. ZealotCatfish

ZealotCatfish Well-Known Member

There will always be Silver Age Superman.

18. slipkwar

slipkwar Well-Known Member

New 52 Superman will return :laser:

19. RisaStoleMyHart

Superboy prime is the closest thing to the ridiculous strength of Silver Age Superman.

Are you implying New 52 Superman in Rebirth is the Silver Age version?

20. DasKobold

I am not really that much into superheroes so I don't really know what kind of heroes those guys are. But if they are overpowered, aren't those comics/movies/books or whatever they appear in a bit boring? Like what exactly happens? They arrive, kill all the bad guys and then leave again?