Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by john_wilan, Oct 19, 2012.

1. john_wilan

john_wilan Well-Known Member

Generally, do you think is he buffed or nerfed in 6.75?
  2. Overwinning.

Overwinning. Well-Known Member

buffed. that no indicator charge is really a bitch.
  3. MZ_Mordiggian

MZ_Mordiggian Well-Known Member

the dmg removal from haste is more than made up by his stun buff.
  4. Kaiketsu

Kaiketsu Well-Known Member

Nerfed. He was useless in organized (still is), and losing his free +60 damage or so hurts him a lot in pubs, destroying his solo ganking potential in low-level pubbing. The indicator never meant too much in pubs as well.
  5. BattledOne

BattledOne Well-Known Member

If you don't take into account all the item buff/changes he got a little buff. If you do take it, then he is a beast. Just change your playstyle and build.
  6. Sven2k

Sven2k Moderator

Early-Mid game buffed, late game slightly nerfed. I personally love the changes, they actually made me start playing him again.
  7. adapt

adapt Well-Known Member

There was a huge thread about this but generally people agreed he became a better ganker/snowballer at the expense of losing his solo ganking/hunting abilities.
  8. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

You mean his early game was nerfed by losing Relic damage from Empowering Haste and late game was buffed by being able to lock down enemy carry who has a BKB on?
  9. Uncle_Zhuge

Uncle_Zhuge Well-Known Member

There is no Barathrum in DotA 2, you must be playing LoL or HoN.
  10. Semi-Formal

Semi-Formal Well-Known Member

He lost all his damage. So after he uses his easily interrupt-able charge and long cool down, short ranged ult, he turns into a melee creep. He turns into :pa: who instead of one-shotting the hero, stuns them. I've had multiple instances where after I blow the combo, the enemy hero escapes or forces me to back off. Being charged by SB is no longer scary. You just wonder if he has backup or not.
  11. Linux_Xp

Linux_Xp Well-Known Member

Nerf,now this hero to much random
  12. SuperSheep

SuperSheep Well-Known Member

The damage loss is more than compensated both by direct and indirect buffs he has received in more places than I care to list.

Also the fact he has the highest base strength in the game is something that I find particularly helpful for him in a place he used to suffer much; the laning phase.
  13. zkzphuongzkz

zkzphuongzkz Well-Known Member

He needs more attack speed now...
  14. xaero

xaero Well-Known Member

dafuq did i just read? either you're a retard or you forgot that it's spirit breakers other name
  15. qmau

qmau Well-Known Member

He go no reliable damage, his stun is 1/6 chance while slardar and void get 1/4 chance.

I can barely kill anyone solo, and if you were smart you would charge out of little distance anyways.
  16. enjoidank

enjoidank Well-Known Member

it kinda feels like aghamins is a much needed item on him for that lowered cd.

either you go "that" route or you need to buy straight damage items

it isnt worth stacking attack speed because stun just doesnt proc enough and your damage is horrendous without a damage item, when before it wasnt
  17. Lembidi

Lembidi Banned

I like Barathrum Beef :) :)

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I like Barathrum Beef :) :)
  18. PhrycePhyre

PhrycePhyre Well-Known Member

I think he got better personally, but what I don't like is that you are gimping yourself if you don't buy a MoM.
  19. Murie~

Murie~ Well-Known Member

Haven't played him yet, but I've played against the new Barathrum lots of times. Wards aren't just enough to prevent him from ganking. Sometimes there's that lucky SB bashing your ass with him picking up that Haste rune. Get Treads->Wand+Urn->MoM->Aghs/BKB early on and he's hard to stop. But his late game is weaker though, depending on your team that is. If he lands a bad Nether Strike/Charge of Darkness his team may lose. He needs allies more than ever though, with or without disables.
  20. DrFrank

DrFrank Banned

Numbers-wise it was a buff but I've stopped playing him after the changes so can't really tell from experience.