Average gold

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Nokua, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Nokua

Nokua Well-Known Member

So i'm also wondering, how much gold can a good farmer get in 10 minute? I mean the average, or a good amount. I've reached about 2500 but I am wondering if there has been people that got more than that.
  2. Varuka

Varuka Well-Known Member

In the first 10 minutes? 600 gold from just time passing, +50-60 creeps (average), so 3,100 - 3,600 is fairly standard for PlayDota forum goers.
  3. Nokua

Nokua Well-Known Member

Aaah, I see, thats a pretty high one. Thanks, got a lot of stuff to improve then.
  4. MonkeyEx

MonkeyEx Well-Known Member

if u free farm in lane or jungle all 10 minutes without any interruption and doesn't have to buy regen items from couriers, 2.5 to 3k is standard.
    if u get ganked once or twice, the amount drops to 2k or less.
  5. badmafa

badmafa Banned

how much gold do you think creeps give? also, how do you figure 50-60 cs represents the average forumer? i'd peg the average at less than 2000.
  6. damN_Grave

damN_Grave Well-Known Member

If you jungle Enigma like myself, you'll get Blink Dagger in 7mins.
  7. Varuka

Varuka Well-Known Member

Depends on which creeps, melee only give 37+1d11 (avg low 40s), but ranged give 42+1d11 (avg high 40s), and catas give 65+1d15 (avg low 70s). I like to use the number 50, because it entirely ignores jungling / assist / hero kill / tower gold, which tends to add up for the difference (unless your team is getting stomped).

And I figure 50-60 cs represents the average forumer because we very frequently have threads about this. (I know I average around 50-60 as a solo against good opponents)

We have threads about this fairly regularly.. here's the latest I can find..

Actually, looking over the more recent:

It looks like 60 is a lot of people's best.. so I'd re-estimate around 40-60, average. -- Not necessarily as accurate for average CS strictly, but moreso average gold range, at least, which was the actual question.
  8. badmafa

badmafa Banned

idk but i think a lot of people overestimate their skill levels here.
  9. MeePwn

MeePwn Well-Known Member

Not even competitive matches have an avrg of 50-60 creepkills for each player. Having an avrg. of 60cs as a carry is also usualy considerd very decent. However it is always relating to how well your opponents do.

Yea that's what DotA does. You own a random game and then believe you can take anyone if you try hard enough.
    Not that it really matters in this thread but to me this is the essential reason of the widely spread bad manners in the DotA community.
  10. Shamanics

Shamanics Banned

It depends a lot on hero and lane harass. With Nevermore solo, WR solo on mid, high 50s and even high 60s are nothing out of normal. If you are on heroes such as Tinker or Lion, high 40s or even high 50s are the hoped. On heroes such as balanar, pudge, getting high 40s is quite an achievement.
  11. Xerx

Xerx Well-Known Member

It's hard to give a good average since you would need to see consider the average tower gold, kills, deaths, assists, and stuff.
  12. kcljj

kcljj Member

I feel that in pubs, an average of 4-5 Creeps per Minute is decent farm. So to answer the OP's question, I guess by minute 10, you should have 40-50 CS. (I am rubbish at maths so someone else please do the calculation!) But often in pubs, last hitting, including mine, is poor and so we don't often see this number.