Atheist student receives continuous death threats

Discussion in 'World News & Debates' started by K2SO4!Archangel, Apr 26, 2012.

1. K2SO4!Archangel

K2SO4!Archangel Well-Known Member

2. Amergin's Cola

Amergin's Cola Well-Known Member

Re: Atheist student receives continuous death thre

JELLY U NEED GOD & I DONT

[​IMG]

EDIT: Okay, to make this less RC-worthy, this shouldn't be news. Atheists have been getting shit for years. Myself included.

NEXT UP: Muslims get weird looks from Christians. More News at 11.

3. DoomSlayers

DoomSlayers Well-Known Member

Yeah well... one thing you learn in life is not to mess with religion :/ Some fanatics are bound to go after you.

I hope that the ones who are threatening her are arrested and receive a restraining order.

4. TwoHourMotel

TwoHourMotel Well-Known Member

This.

Seriously can't she press charges? I know that most of these threats are anonymous and all, but I'm sure some of these idiots were too dumb to get an aliace (how do you spell this word correctly?) and gave her threads on facebook.

Shes 16 so shes still a child, this is so pathetic on behalf of these scumbags.

5. Infrisios

Infrisios Moderator

Hypocrites... saying religion is good and makes people good on one side, giving death/rape threats on the other side.

6. DoomSlayers

Heaven's only available if you believe in their God because he's so loving and forgiving.

So much love, it makes my heart want to burst.

7. Lord_Talron

Lord_Talron Well-Known Member

apparently burning in hell isnt enough.

8. DoomSlayers

Frightening, isn't it? That poor child that was born in the wrong country is destined to burn in hell forever and ever and ever. Oh, and all those Muslim children killed by those Neocons and Zionist regime are burning in hell. All of them. Forever.

God loves you...

9. Skyforger3.0

Skyforger3.0 Banned

Oh, this happened in the US of A. Why am I not surprised? :):

Murder & rape is the only way. The true way. What a messed up religion is that, LOL!

10. CynthiaCrescent

CynthiaCrescent Well-Known Member

Alias

OT: Pretty much what the others have said

11. Myself

Myself Well-Known Member

The student is pretty stupid herself, what exactly is she standing up to? I'm all for distancing religion as far away as possible in these matters and grateful am I to live in a place where religion isn't given two shits about however her being in Texas is basically asking for trouble.

I've actually bothered to read some more on the matter. Turns out she's an atheist because some prayers of her's went unanswered. Boo-Hoo her life is so terrible and she must release her butthurt by fighting the system! Atheists get a bad name because of dickhead posterchilds like this. Who exactly are they helping by raising a shitstorm over petty things like a banner with some words on it. The only 'message' you're sending is a negative one to you cause.

Fucking Americans.

12. badmafa

badmafa Banned

[​IMG]

I wouldn't mind religion so much if they just kept to themselves. You'd think that the assurance of eternal paradise would keep them relatively happy, that they wouldn't have the time or energy to deal with people who think differently. Nothing demonstrates the man-made quality of gods and religions better than their intense preoccupation with the minutiae of this life and this world.

13. Mazoku

Mazoku Well-Known Member

This is, everything you do or dont do leads you to the oposite direction (hell).

14. Ali Radicali

Ali Radicali Well-Known Member

She lives in Rhode Island, not Texas. By having the prayer banner removed, she was standing up for the constitution.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but having bothered to read her own statements on why she brought suit, rather than a third party's speculation on her motivations makes me doubt your little theory.

Rather than chastising people who are standing up for the law and calling them butthurt activists, you'd do well to inform yourself about the facts.

As for the people sending death threats to miss Ahlquist: they're terrorists, plain and simple.
    They couldn't get their way in court, and now they feel the only way to suppress this sort of behaviour is to scare the opposition into submission. While I think it's probably just scare tactics in this case, I still see no reason to treat it as anything other than a real threat: with religious nutballs, you never can tell if they're being serious; Poe's law. You don't have to look further than Anthony Powell for a perfect example of a similar case ending in two deaths because it wasn't taken seriously enough.
    I find it immensely hypocritical of the US government that they don't take Christian terrorism more seriously: this past decade we've seen numerous abortion clinic bombings, clinic worker murders and numerous other religiously motivated killings. How could this happen, when the country was on red alert for terrorism after 9/11? Why is it that all these acts could still be perpetrated despite the patriot act?

It seems it's only terrorism if you worship the wrong god. I'd be glad to see some of these Christian terrorists shipped off to Guantanamo Bay for waterboarding.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  15. Sasho1233

Sasho1233 Well-Known Member

From what I read the note sent to Jessica is pretty horrifying. The other part of the link provided holds less value because it was clearly not objective.

I agree with Ali that Christian terrorism should be prosecuted as well. But the problem comes with the double standards that come into play that give Christians double protection - one for being Caucasian and second for being Christians. It puts them at the top of the "food chain" if I can use that term as while being the majority of religious people they are seen as the biggest victims of religious persecution and usually given the most attention from the media, which turns to the best legal services and the lightest sentences. Hypocrisy at its finest.

16. K2SO4!Archangel

K2SO4!Archangel Well-Known Member

She lives in Rhode Island, not Texas. And so what if she lives in Texas? Why should she be forced to hush up?

17. Snake

Snake Well-Known Member

Old news bro, and haters gonna hate at Myself

18. Amergin's Cola

Amergin's Cola Well-Known Member

1) As has been said before, this wasn't in Texas. Even if it was that's no reason for atheists to be "silent". Idiots are everywhere, not just in the south and not just in the US.

2) Any reason for losing your religion is reason enough. If her prayers going unanswered was enough for her, then that's enough for her. You don't even know what she was praying for, or really anything about her life for that matter. Judging her as a "terrible posterchild for atheism" makes you look like an arrogant asshole.

3) Fuck you, the US is awesome. Again, every country has ignorant people. Get your confirmation bias bullshit out of here.

See #3 above.

19. Ali Radicali

Ali Radicali Well-Known Member

How is this old news? The court decision was made in January of this year; Ahlquist started getting these threats in April.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, kindly sod off you self centered little troll.

20. mahcookie

mahcookie Well-Known Member

I´m pretty certain their ´god´ approves