Arc (MMR) Warden

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by BdC, Aug 2, 2016.

1. TheImperial

TheImperial Well-Known Member

nwm gonna watch vaxastyle guy (top 1 arc warden on dotabuff)

2. Equivocal

Equivocal Well-Known Member

The hero is great! and fun.
    Love to play him as a support or as a secondary carry.

3. TheImperial

TheImperial Well-Known Member

That's a waste. You should try going solomid or safelane.

4. IHateLeavers

IHateLeavers Well-Known Member

Imo he's a worse version of Tinker, though you can split push a bit easier if you do it only with the ulti.

5. Equivocal

Not really, I don't think having a versatile hero who excels in more than one role is a waste to have as a support.
    He can be great with near zero farm just fine. Out of combat heal for all of your team mates is pretty insane.

6. NraYZdgeurL

NraYZdgeurL Well-Known Member

I would suggest watching this guy, you can often see him play at 1st page live games and he's rly good on the hero.

7. DasKobold

DasKobold Well-Known Member

I just played against one in a game, and boy he really is strong, especially once he has his ultimate.

Like if you are in the river he can hit you with his Q which slows you and causes you to take damage. Right after that he can drop his E on the ramp preventing you from going up there. I still won against him, but he gave me a hard time.

8. Bodge

Bodge Well-Known Member

What do you do if you get counterpicked by a pl/pa/am?

9. BdC

BdC Well-Known Member

Either go as a support or itemize properly. Hex > AM, Bloodthorne > PA, Maelstrom > PL. Provided your clone is up, you got yourself a kill.

10. Typhox

Typhox Well-Known Member

But then you're giving up on his ulti which is his main strength. Stuff like giving yourself infinite healing salves during laning stage in mid (by just having your illu give heal you), using double midas for quicker farm, double orchid for permanent silence, etc.

11. Urien

Urien Well-Known Member

My problem with Arc is that he makes so many heroes feel redundant since he can do what they do, but better.

12. Equivocal

Just who is forcing you use Tempest double solely for consumable items?

Also never refer double as illusion :geek:

13. Patrek16

Patrek16 New Member

Volvo browsed this thread. Now she's nerfed.

14. BdC

BdC Well-Known Member

> Oops.

15. Animus2280

Animus2280 Well-Known Member

In addition to his spells being potent for the first 35-40 min (which is when dota matters the most), all of his counters are weird shit like phantom lancer/antimage/lycan. Basically they don't care about magnetic field and have some way of mitigating damage from spark wraith but if u have to pick one of those 3 heroes ur probably going to lose the game anyways if ur not playing at a retard MMR.

PA is not a counterpick, once AW gets silver edge PA will have to tread cautiously.

Tinker/batrider/meepo goes even or wins the lane against AW, I think Invoker can outcs since AW's base damage is SF-tier but after hitting 6, Invoker will likely die without any help from team or stand back 1300+ range while AW chips away at the tower.

He's been nerfed but is still A-tier material.

16. juraculation

juraculation Well-Known Member

Naix does ok vs AW.

17. fireblaze762

fireblaze762 Well-Known Member

I find the main problem with this hero is how strong he is defensively for a hero that has so much offensive power.

He has 24 base strength that only continues to grow such that even early on with just a raindrops he requires considerable focus, especially given that hes max hp most of the time and has a clone to deal out damage whilst he is stunned.

Magnetic field is to some extent too spammable, but i think is fair. What i have to question is how safely he can sit back and do all this shit. Flux max cast range is 900, magnetic field also 900 range, spark wraith 2000 range. Then you note the main hero has 625 attack range and a common build is to buy dragon lance.

And of course even after the nerf you can still do cheesy clone-tp hit tower shit. 140gold / exp hurts im sure but tbh in the past arc wardens were consistently feeding 400 gold / exp each time with necro 3s, so its really not that big of a deal.

18. AcademicSlut

AcademicSlut Active Member

This hero is broken you need to winter wyvern in your team and repeat it