Anyone else getting really long Dota 2 queues?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by robhimself, Dec 11, 2011.

1. robhimself

robhimself Well-Known Member

My queues are taking upwards of 20 minutes to find a match. I haven't left a single game (unless leaving practice matches counts). I have US West, US East & Europe active.

Anyone else having this problem?
  2. Shzi

Shzi Well-Known Member

nope. the queues will only take upto 2-3 minutes with 18000 players online
  3. robhimself

Hmmm, there is currently like 8.5k on and my queues are taking well over 10-20 minutes. This is getting annoying. :(
  4. robhimself

This is gay :(
  5. Rice

Rice Well-Known Member

yeah I noticed today's queue is unusually long for some reason =/ ...
  6. HustleAndFlow

HustleAndFlow Well-Known Member

well for me my queues usually take around 10 mins or so even on a normal basis so today felt no different to me
  7. Shzi

Shzi Well-Known Member

well. Maybe they are eating. You just need ti wait for your turn dude
  8. robhimself

Hmmm...I see. I just watch a lot of streams and they get instant 1-2 minute queues while I'm sitting here waiting at 25 minutes +
  9. Rice

Rice Well-Known Member

what really piss me off is when finding player it goes from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 7 then back down to 4 and 3......
  10. juxtapose519

juxtapose519 Well-Known Member

Holy hell, 20 minutes?

The longest I've waited was 5, and I was ready to punch somebody. During peak times you shouldn't be waiting much longer than 2 minutes.
  11. BananaKnight

BananaKnight Well-Known Member

make some friends and join a game, works for me :)
  12. belgian_rofls

belgian_rofls Well-Known Member

5-10 minutes max usually.
  13. blessing_gracee

blessing_gracee Well-Known Member

20 minutes thats to long,,,
    what happen
  14. Knee_Grows

Knee_Grows Member

Same thing is happening to me. I always get bored at 20 minutes and go play HoN. I just saw a post on reddit that suggests it's because my record is so good after my first few games.
  15. Tain

Tain Well-Known Member

Well you guys probably ended up in low priority pool due to abandoned games.
  16. Divine

Divine Well-Known Member

stop leaving games!
  17. MyZahir

MyZahir Well-Known Member

Longest queue time for me was around 10mins but not more than, and that was the time when I went to leaver queue cause of power outage. So, i'm not quite sure.
  18. Strife025

Strife025 Well-Known Member

I haven't played any games today, but my record is like 59/62 and I pretty much hover around 50% W/L ratio and I've never had a queue even reach 10 min. Most are around 3-5 min.

I only have USWest active.

Maybe you are in a higher or lower MMR where there is a smaller pool? I feel like I'm in a general average pool where I don't get complete idiots and get some generally smart people, with the occasional baddies. For the most part my games aren't too bad.
  19. oceanlord

oceanlord Well-Known Member

you should activate all server, i only activate oceania and SE asia and it takes loooong most of the time...
  20. Domenico

Domenico Moderator

Yes, leavers.