Alternate Pudge item build?

Discussion in 'Game Strategy' started by Lulzicon, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Lulzicon

Lulzicon Well-Known Member

Pudge is one of my favourite heroes (who doesn't like the thrill of catching heroes with hook), and recently I have been trying out a new item build, which is Necro Book 3.

Of course, Scepter should be taken first, as it makes Dismember insanely epic. But, instead of going for the usual Heart build (or whatever tank item comes to mind to make Rot less painful), I advocate Book 3 for him, as it increases his damage output by alot.

Hook a target, spawn your critters, Dismember, Mana Burn and watch his HP drain really quick. Not dead yet? Rot all the way while your summons continue beating the target down. GG target.

So, why is Book 3 good on Pudge?

1) Gives him STR and INT, the stats which he needs.
    2) Extra movement speed to help chase with Rot
    3) Book 3 is great with any hero that has a long disabling skill
    4) Screws invis heroes

Only problem that may result is the amount of farm you actually need to get before you can get Scepter + Book 3, and even before that if you got any item to tank (Vanguard/Hood).

2. Kris

Kris Moderator

Book 3 is a novel concept but it is outclassed by dagon and a number of alternatives.
  3. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

I've seen it already in some Pudge videos and it worked out well but I don't like the unnecessary micro for that kind of damage from the summons when you can get it easily with other items like Scepter/Radiance.
  4. Lulzicon

Lulzicon Well-Known Member

All you need to do is click Book then right click and probably mana burn. It's not too difficult a task to micro that. And I assure you it does way more damage than Radiance, unless you are talking about team fights.
  5. Night1301

Night1301 Well-Known Member

Necronomicon if you want str and int

Force staff is also good (add whacking power and some INT, also chasing and escaping power)

Add a blademail for tankiness if you want, rarely see it, but it does gave some int, armor, attack, and damage return
  6. s.ops_Freak

s.ops_Freak Well-Known Member

I know the micro is easy to do but whenever I have even the simplest form of micro to do I feel uneasy and lazy to do it so I'd prefer straightforward things instead.
  7. LightburneR

LightburneR Well-Known Member

IIRC, the 3 conditions for a good Necrobook user are.....

1) Has a slow (check, Rot)
    2) Has a long disable (check, Dismember)
    3) Has summons (nope)

So I guess it would work out fine in theory. But you would usually want your Hood to soak up more damage / regen health / reduce self-damage from Rot and as you said, Aghans because the boost is so epic.

Takes quite a bit of gold and effort to realise.
  8. Redeemed A.I.

Redeemed A.I. Well-Known Member

I prefer:

-Soul ring for endless hooks
    -Pointbooster-+>Aghanim's for high life regen and some basic survivability
    -Force staff for definete kills

Can't find anything better than that,sorry.
  9. kawumm

kawumm Well-Known Member

lacks regen, not very practical IMO. my pudge usually turns into a tank-style carry mid-late with vang/hood/blademail/shiva and sometimes agha if there arent too many stuns. he farms just WAY faster with some regen as he can use rot to farm, and it does very little for his survivability (although he obviously doesnt have to chase his victims that far). never seriously tried it though.
  10. Repeats

Repeats Well-Known Member

I have used it before and it is viable if your the enemy has 2+ invis heros. However, other things should be goten first, like Pipe/BoTs/Fatness. I have used it before with success, but its few and far between when i did get it for pudge.
  11. bountyface

bountyface Well-Known Member

you aren't going to be able to micro it, and if you play all azn like everyone else does, you sure as fuck aren't going to be able to farm it in any reasonable time.
  12. dabuu

dabuu Member

on paper it sounds good but fact is that the ultimate bane of pudge is "stuff" blocking his hooks, so making your own summons to block you is just creating more trouble than its worth.

yes you might say just move them... but if you're busy moving them... they'r not contributing anyways and generally you want your summons to focus the same target as you... so it will always b an issue
  13. Netro

Netro Member

I got Boots/Hood and then get force staff. After that it's whatever I fee like (usually ags) ..but force staff is so much god damn fun on pudge.
  14. pipser

pipser Well-Known Member

Too expensive, and I doubt the damage is going to make any difference.
    If pudge can't kill his target with a combo, probably his target is too beefy for pudge.

It is just that necro is a good enough item to make it worth getting on any hero, but pudge needs his regen and not damage.