7 item slots in Dota 2?

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by Gaze., Jan 31, 2011.

1. Gaze.

Gaze. Well-Known Member

I will probably get flamed for this idea, but maybe TPs could use a separate slot? New items are added like every 3 versions, and it's already hard to choose what to buy..
  2. hajasmarci

hajasmarci Well-Known Member

it will be fucking carbon copy of dota heroes/mechanics/maplayout/items/gameplay.

live with it.
  3. Windsong

Windsong Well-Known Member

Not really true...
    Lina will have smaller boobs -.-"

Who knows? We`ll see it in future
  4. -endzeit-

-endzeit- Well-Known Member

personally i dont think its such a bad idea, definately worth having a look at.
    not a must but consider it, just for tps or other specific consumables.??
  5. BiH-Kira

BiH-Kira Well-Known Member

No need to flam op.

As soon as I saw the title, I thought "only if 1 slot is exclusively for TP scrolls". It could be a good idea. Would really help those heroes who have only small items (supports).
    Now they don't have to give up on 1 small items to always carry a TP scroll.

But Ice will decide.
  6. AngryGanker

AngryGanker Well-Known Member

-insert flame-
  7. rumplea25

rumplea25 Well-Known Member

what's the use of boots of travel? its better if the slot is exclusive for boots imo
  8. Nanaya Shiki

Nanaya Shiki Well-Known Member

If TP used a separate slot Travel would be useless.
  9. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

This suggestion will further increase the already huge late game power gap between carries and the rest of the heroes in a game as the carries can become even stronger with being able to wield one more item. The 6 item slot system is fine IMO.
  10. Ultra_Rasengan

Ultra_Rasengan Well-Known Member

11. woozie how

woozie how Well-Known Member

12. SilentSeason

SilentSeason Well-Known Member

Well bot won't be useless because it allows you to teleport on buildings and creeps and with TP you can only teleport on buildings.
  13. PuneetRJ

PuneetRJ Well-Known Member

Yeah it'd be nice to have a seperate section for consumables like TP, tango, healing etc
  14. karadoc

karadoc Well-Known Member

How about the current system: 5 slots for anything you like + 1 slot for tp scrolls, except when you aren't using xp scrolls you can use that extra slot of something else. Do you really think that adding a seventh slot would make the game better?
  15. StudyMan

StudyMan Well-Known Member

i think a scepter for line would increase her flaming bozme, or maybe when she levels her ult or something....

when is dota 2 coming btw?
  16. Ainouta

Ainouta Well-Known Member

ALL_CAPS_GUY Well-Known Member

Or how about a single extra "spell"/(slot, call it whatever you want) that teleports you home.
  18. hajasmarci

hajasmarci Well-Known Member

oh eye c wut u did dar:shuriken:
  19. Kaiverrettu

Kaiverrettu Well-Known Member

I support this for recipes, TP's, etc. minor items. maybe potion of clarity/salve too, can't imagine them take up much bag space anyway(especially clarities).
  20. Naroblas

Naroblas Banned

dota 2 will also be 6v6, i mean so many more ppl are gonna play it than dota1, teams should have another slot