27 spells for Invoker

Discussion in 'Remakes' started by HHHNNNGGG, Dec 9, 2010.

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's time to talk about Invoker, the most unique hero in DotA. As we know, Invoker has 10 spells to invoke base on Quas, Wex and Exort. But, if we count the order of calling the orbs (Such as QQW and QWQ and WQQ are different), we will have 3x3x3=27 spells (OMG!).
    Although this is for fun, but I'm serious for this. Why don't we discuss something about those 27 spells? Maybe IceFrog will make a fun mode to give us a try.

• Other players will be harassed by lagging (lol).
    • Invoker will become more imba.
    • More spells for spamming.
    • Blah blah.

• Lag can piss you off.
    • Invoker will be banned most.
    • More hard to use.
    • Hard to code.
    • Blah blah.
    Those are some current spells, and I add their current orbs order for them:

• Cold Snap - QQQ
    • Ghost Walk - QQW
    • Tornado - QWW
    • EMP - WWW
    • Alacrity - WWE
    • Chaos Meteor -WEE
    • Sun Strike - EEE
    • Forged Spirit -QEE
    • Ice Wall - QQE
    • Deafening Blast - QWE
    Now let's advance to our main point:

Frost Meteor -[WQQ] Throws a meteor of ice to the ground that deals minor damage but slows greatly. Deals 10-40 DPS and slows 15-75% bases on Quas, travels 200-950 range and pushes enemes on its wake 25-175 range per second bases on Wex.

• Manacost: 175
    • Cooldown: 60
    • Casting range: 600
    • AoE: 250
    • Slow duration: 4 seconds
    • Damage type: magical
    • Effect of Quas level:
      • 10/15/20/25/30/35/40 DPS
      • 15/25/35/45/55/65/75% slow
    • Effect of Wex level:
      • 25xWex level as pushing speed
      • 200/325/450/575/700/825/950 travel range
    • The meteor takes 1.5 seconds to fall to the ground and start dealing damage.
    • The meteor moves at a speed of 200.

Any new spell will be posted soon.
  2. hoduc91

hoduc91 Well-Known Member

Well, the Old Invoker has this kind of skillset and he was remade to our beloved Kael nowadays. In some Fun AI map, you can still pick him.
  3. Mazil

Mazil Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that invoker having that many spells was what caused him to be removed and remade in the first place.
  4. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Moderator

Same here. But as has been said you can still access him in the latest -fun mode AI map :)
  5. IplayRandom

IplayRandom Well-Known Member

Having that many spells just makes the hero unplayable.
  6. Foede

Foede Forum Manager

Suggestions that modify an existing hero in current DotA belong in the Remakes sub-forum. Ability Ideas is intended for completely new skills.

HHHNNNGGG Well-Known Member

Of course, he will be unplayable, but I'm discussing about new skills for Invoker if he has 27 skills.
  8. IplayRandom

What do you mean ? That you are just theorycrafting or what ?
  9. dominator02

dominator02 Well-Known Member

Old Invoker was playable for the OP numbers of his +20 spells but he has sucky casting animation.
  10. IplayRandom

Even the number of spells on current Invoker is more than what many people can handle, and even very experienced players tend to ignore some of the skills. Imagine what would be with an even greater skill pool. Half of it you won't even remember.
  11. xiiaosin89

xiiaosin89 Well-Known Member

Having 27 spells is bullshit, I don't play Invoker, but I know that 27 spells will be a bullshit Invoker

Unless you wanna change Invoker's spells, like changing some of the spells into some other spells...
  12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

T-UP for: Ice Path, Jakiro's skill must frozen the floor and make it slippery like in "ice escape".
    T-D for tweak Invoker.
  13. God_ii

God_ii Well-Known Member

too many spells.... t-down.
  14. Ultra_Rasengan

Ultra_Rasengan Well-Known Member

No, t-down old invoker sucks