1 Million Players of DoTA2

Discussion in 'DotA Chat' started by DyzaztyR, Jun 10, 2012.

1. DyzaztyR

DyzaztyR Well-Known Member

hey everyone

I dont know the exact numbers of dota2, but according to stats.dota2.be it has record of 917,174 players' record (uptill this post). So we are near to a glorious milestone. :cool1:

All the best to Valve DotA2 team :)

how we gonna celebrate this ?

:thumbsup: :animier: :fun: :animier: :ice: :animier: :cheers: :animier: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

Wait till it comes out, there will be a lot more.
    Remember, it's from 800000 to 900000 when Valve start to sells invitation. Damn profit.

3. jimmyvan

jimmyvan Well-Known Member

it's 1 milllion player accounts. still a great achievement though.

4. DyzaztyR

DyzaztyR Well-Known Member

ofcourse I've played about 486 games so far and paid nothing for it. Also letting 900,000+ people playing without making revenue IS A HARD DECISION.

Its the generosity of Valve which actully stunned me. When I read DotA2 is Free to play and I dont have to buy heroes, I was like 'WWOOOAAAHHHHH love you valve'

5. Diamond123

Diamond123 Well-Known Member

I can't belive this somehow.

6. damN_Grave

damN_Grave Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

And the millions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

it's not generosity as much as the only way to get asia DotA scene to transfer to DotA 2. it was a must to make DotA 2 F2P and all the heroes free. otherwise valve would have killed their chances to get asians in DotA 2. and that would have probably costed them way more than the money they would have made form western players buying heroes or the game from them.

aswell as it was the only way to compete with LoL. HOWEVER, DotA needs all heroes to be available, otherwise the game sucks. so LoL format doesn't work for DotA 2

8. RaidenStorms

RaidenStorms Banned

I really doubt over half of those players are dedicated ones; there are tons of random gamers who received keys and didn't play DotA at all and quickly quit Dota 2.

9. CvP

CvP Forum Manager

Pretty sure Dota2 has the potential to hit 1M concurrent player let alone total player.

I'm sure after TI2, Dota2 will be the #1 game in steam...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  10. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

Not gonna happen.

Now we are having 900'000 total players, and about 40'000 concurrent players.

With that ratio, if we have 1'000'000 concurrents players, we will have 22'500'000 players. Huge number :/ .

11. Swordz

Swordz Well-Known Member

just like 9,9 million of the "10 million" LoL accounts

12. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

with all the asians i think 500k concurrent players are possible. ofc it depends if valve doesn't fuck up bringing this game to china and philippines

13. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

I'm an Asian and i think this wrong. In my country, i see ppl play Dota everywhere, but somehow the concurrent playeres only reach about 30'000.

14. Skaloon

Skaloon Banned

i doubt you saw the whole asia :cool1:

15. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

Nah. Not every asian kids play Dota, and not all of them gonna play at the same time.

Dota is really popular, no doubt. But reaching 1m at a same time is kinda imposible, amd remember servers limitation.

16. boedhiman

boedhiman Well-Known Member

How many players league has now?

17. muxmux-

muxmux- Well-Known Member

I was really surprised when Valve announced f2p with all free heroes(Icefrog influence right there). And there is the result, gj Valvfrog

18. ptoss

ptoss Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I remember Company of Heroes did the same thing some time ago. Failed to make a profit and shut down. Badddddddd.

19. One.More.Game.

One.More.Game. Well-Known Member

You do know that the majority of the playerbase in Asia comes from those two places, right?

20. ShowThemHell

ShowThemHell Banned

We have a big fan base here in Vietnam too :) .